Three type families are used in the main typographic design of Mimesia:
- Myriad Pro
- Literally our myriad of typefaces, in that it can be applied to a great many cases: headings, call-to-actions, form controls, etc. Even the logotype uses this typeface. When in doubt, use this typeface to represent Mimesia.
- Minion Pro
- Also quite literally, the minion of Mimesia typographic design. Even though it’s our secondary typeface, it is used to set far more text, as it does the heavy lifting when it comes to body text.
- Adaptive Mono
- A monospaced typeface used for representing code samples, computer terminals, and the occasional ascii art.
Three supporting fonts are used for specific cases:
- Foundation Icon Fonts 3
- Font Awesome
- Icon typefaces used for generic symbols that are hard or even impossible to properly represent in plain text.
- Mimesia Symbol
- Its sole purpose is to provide a text version of the Mimesia symbol. You can find it on the top left of every page.
|Body text||12pt||100% (16px)|
|Primary heading||36pt||3em (48px)|
|Secondary heading||24pt||2em (32px)|
|Small print||9pt||.75em (12px)|